PB is doing very well again now that his Prozac issues are resolved. We went up to Canada last week where we were confronted by a very skeptical border guard who just could not believe that I would drive "all the way from Bothell just to meet some dogs". I told him I didn't know what else to tell him! It's the truth - dog people are crazy! He finally let us go and we met the clan at the field of mud and bog. M was the only person brave enough to bring a camera in the pouring rain and actually snap some photos. You can see the photos (and lots of other cool stuff) on her blog here. PB had a fabulous day despite the rain and was exhausted when we got home.
PB may soon have a girlfriend as I am considering adopting a female Akbash rescue named Hope. Hope is down in Eugene, OR and I will be going down next Wednesday to evaluate her and see if she is the one for us. Here's Hope:
Rescue me!

And here's what petfinder says about Hope. So stay tuned for the latest addition to the zoo!
The cats are fine although their lives are in danger approximately every other day when they continually wake me up, attack PB's tail, squeeze toy mice into my the ends of my shoes and generally behave like spoiled brats. One more reason to get another dog to keep them in line! Dexter is utterly convinced he is a dog and will follow PB around the yard, wishing for his own busy buddy cube and hoping PB misses a piece of kibble:
Sotto voce: "Drop it you big white oaf, drop it!"
In other news, I went to a great play with a friend last week. If it ever comes to your neck of the woods, it is worth seeing. The K(iss) of D(eath): An Urban Legend, involves only one actress who plays 16 roles. It was truly an amazing performance to watch. Here's the info' on the play. In essence the play explores how a tragic but not uncommon event in a small town becomes part of an urban legend, spurred on by people on the periphery. It was very funny, poignant and insightful.
Aside from all the cultural events, dinners, work, skiing (La Nina? Where are you?) etc. etc. PB and I have many trips coming up. At the end of this month, a little trip up to Mt. Baker where I reserved a log cabin so I can ski in decent snow; a long road trip to Eastern Washington in a few weeks when I take the infamous rescue Akbash's from the Greek guy over to their foster homes finally. A short trip to Hawaii in March; a short trip to San Francisco in April; a "work" trip for a hostage negotiation conference to Reno in June; a road trip with my mom to Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico in late June to see if I'd like to relocate somewhere; a short trip to northeastern WA to a dude ranch to ride the range in August and a trip to Switzerland in October to visit my good riding friend whom I met in Africa. 2011 will be a busy year for us!
We hope you and yours are all well and I promise to be more consistent with the posts. More updates and photos will be forthcoming. I'll leave you with my favorite singer of the moment, Adele, and a song from her newest album, 21. She comes from a completely non-musical family so I have no idea how she ended up with such talent but I will be first in line for tickets when she comes to Seattle!
No comments:
Post a Comment