No.
So that's why there haven't been any posts. Plus, I have actually been doing productive things like: "playing" ice hockey which entails wobbling around the outskirts of the game as other people play and no, I still have no photos. Thank god. I have also been attending work conferences in places highly conducive to learning such as Reno. While in Reno, the cats went wild amusing themselves in my absence. I returned to carpets askew, things knocked over and innocent looks all around:
Whaaaat? I swear I never moved from this position...
Whatever Stabby. I've also been busy attending my little sister's basketball games, graduation and social events. Twelve year olds are hard to keep up with! Not to mention my own social life, such as it is with parties, cultural events and shows, hockey practice, cross fit which I am trying out, usual working out in anticipation of the Warrior Dash that a co-worker and I are doing together and an impending start to rowing again on Mondays. I am making a big effort this year to use my vacation time so I am not always exhausted for all my various events due to work schedule.
One of the theatre events I recently attended with Tasya was a fascinating monologue on Apple and the rise of Steve Jobs, called The Agony and Ecstasy of Steve Jobs. Mike Daisy performed the show at the Seattle Rep and I actually went to see it a second time with Ben and my parents. He was hilarious but also poignant in his presentation of what goes on behind the scenes at Apple and what is sacrificed to make all your Ipods, Ipads, Iphones, etc. The show is definitely worth attending if ever you have the chance.
Yawn. Talk about me.
Fine, fine. PB waxes and wanes in his cycles of doing well and being less fearful and reactive although the trend is always upwards. Recently, he has been doing great and I am holding my breath that it will stay and the downward trend that sometimes occurs will finally phase out completely. He has been doing extraordinarily well with men and his reaction to other dogs. We have been taking advantage of the summer weather....oh wait. No we haven't because it sucks. But we've been outside anyway and he has done very well with his training.
In the meantime, I've been spending lots of time with Ben and Ares and working with Ares' various issues. They have worked out a good schedule and Ares loves his new life of luxury and all the treats, toys and goodies we lavish on him. We recently started working with Dr. Sung, my behaviorist, so that we can introduce the PB and Ares and hopefully have them live happily together if need be. Both are large, dominant, reactive dogs but they did really well together last Tuesday so we are all hopeful for a good outcome. Ares in his natural habitat:
Wake me for dinner.

After Ben and I finished our work with the trainer at Marymoor, I took PB for a walk. He skipped the trail and went bushwhacking.
There's a trail here mom, I know it.
Riiiight PB. I can see the trail so clearly now...
I was not convinced. But PB had a good time chasing rabbits and field mice in the jungle. PB has been getting a little porky again due to my spoiling him with bully sticks and bones. Hence the the triangular appearance of his profile these days.
Shut up. I am svelte and handsome.
You are fat. And part of the reason he is fat is that we have had to postpone our last two planned outings to Canada (home of the RIOTS!!) due to bad weather, work and illness so he has not had a chance to run off some of his fat.
The other reason PB is fat is that he does not move.
PB is developing some attitude these days. We've had to put an end to his temper tantrum barking whereby he stands on the deck and barks at the house in an attempt to get me to come outside and pet him/lavish attention on him. He also has a tendency to get snarky with the cats when he thinks they are taking my attention from him. So we have implemented some NILF rules again to remind him of his place in the zoo. However, he still gives me the paw every now and then. To wit:
Mine. DON'T TOUCH Dexter!
Dexter will actually try to kick the busy buddy cube over and eat the kibble out of it because he is also a pig so PB has taken to making sure there is no doubt who the blue cube belong to. Bunch of squabbling children! Dexter denies any attempt of theft of kibble.
The Polar Bear is a liar.
And thus are the tales of the zoo and I. We will try to be more conscientious about posting but don't hold your collective breath!
1 comment:
Yeah, come on up & we'll have our own riot with the dogs.
Everyone looks great!
Post a Comment