Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Briefly

So plans changed in regard to the motorcycle. Oh don't collectively exhale a sigh of relief! I still got one, just not the one I posted. After doing more research, I was advised that if I am going to start with a sport bike, I should at least start with one that's a little more upright than the CBR. Happily, the lime green Kawasaki is a little more upright and being a girl, color is critical! I have always wanted the green one and my wish was granted when I found a 2009 Ninja ZX6R at a dealer in Tacoma.

Ben and I went down last week and he did the test riding, mechanical stuff etc. while I stood around looking cute and imagining myself going 140 mph on it! All checked out well and he rode it home for me (I am not stupid enough to ride a sport bike home on I-5 through Tacoma when I have never ridden one outside of the safety class!). It's more accurate to say he flew it home as he passed me on the freeway going about 110mph. I can only dream. So here it is, the Green Machine. (My mom strenuously objected to my naming it the Death Trap)






I have only ridden it around the block a couple of times as I am waiting for frame sliders so I don't damage it if I lay it down. Even going slowly, it was fantastic! I can't wait to really take it out for a ride.

My poor PB had to go to the vet last week to get his nails trimmed and it necessitated knocking him out. The vet and I tried valiantly to cut his nails which are the size of small tree limbs, without sedating him but he was so stressed and so difficult to cut them with him fighting it that we finally decided to do it right and sedate him. It also gave her a chance to give him a thorough exam which is usually quite difficult. He survived but it wasn't pretty!



Please place my tongue back in my mouth.



He looked so pathetic I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. His tongue flopped around, he desperately tried to fight the anaesthetic, he wobbled into walls and his third eyelids slid up his eyes. In short, he looked like a lot of the people I deal with on Friday nights at work. I felt terrible for doing it do him but the dremel just wasn't doing the trick and we needed to take huge chunks of nail off. In the car afterward, he could not even hold his head up and I poured him into his bed. Despite my guilt, I wasn't above taking a photo with my cell phone.



I would give you the paw....but I am SO tired.

1 comment:

hornblower said...

It's taking the relaxing spa treatment pedicure to new heights LOL.

Have fun with your crotch rocket

What news about HOPE?

(just got back to town from hols so catching up)

:-)