So as part of my recovery from the shock of having to work 40 hours last week, the dogs and I drove up to Canada last Thursday to visit the pack whom we haven't seen in awhile. It turns out we had excellent timing as the big blizzard of 2012 had not yet struck. I would like to claim the following photos as my own but there is no way they could pass as mine. These are courtesy of Laurie, Zyra's mom, who is a fantastic photographer. So enjoy - the remainder of the photos on this post are from yours truly and may cause you to wince!
Lola's introduction to that beautiful country over the border.
Looking more like a big cat, Lola enjoyed the space to roam.
Meanwhile, the PB stuck by his favorite human, Dennis.
My handsome boy keeps watch over the field.
Mt. Baker kept watch over all of us.
Speechless.
We adore Lola but PB and I still have a special relationship.
On the same day we headed north, my mom and her friend Terry headed out to Aberdeen to catch a glimpse of the snowy owls that have come south in unprecedented numbers this year. You can read more about this phenomenon here. Here are a couple great photos my mom took with her telescopic lens:
Excuse me. Could you tell me where Alaska is?
Or snow. I'll settle for snow.
Little did they know, the snow was on its way. This week, we had an unusually large snowfall for Seattle and the dogs and I are in heaven. I took Monday night off so we could make the most of the snow, trips to the dog park in the middle of the night and a general enjoyment of the new fireplace, new windows and cozy house.
Heaven! A bully stick in the snow.
I'm sorry? Did you say come inside?
Even Dexie likes the snow though he must swim to get to the bird feeder.
Stabby...not so much.
The face I get when he loses his bully stick in the snow.
I've been taking the dogs to my parents' house each day to play in their neighborhood park with Jake. They race around chasing each other, getting the zoomies and eating snow before we walk them around the block. Between their park play dates with Jake and their night time park forays at 2am, they have been exhausted. Which makes for a happy mama.
At 8pm, PB puts himself to bed.
And that is the latest from the doggles. Fingers, toes, paws and claws crossed for more snow!
2 comments:
it was so great to see you guys & meet the new girl!
What a beautiful photo of the dogs together!
Post a Comment