Sunday, December 7, 2008
The Garden of Google
Ah the inaugural blog post! The miracle is that I ever got this new computer launched, the drivers installed, the files transferred and my sanity still somewhat intact. When embarking on a new venture, it's always tempting to overstep one's bounds and take on even more since you're at it. I am hardly technologically savvy as was evident when I required assistance simply setting up the email on this wretched thing. But for some time now, I have intended to start a (b)log if for no other reason than my own retrospection, to realize just how much is accomplished in the small every day activities that amount to so much more in the end. The acquisition of the new, big, white dog, a product of endless sick days at home obsessively surfing petfinder, has been the final tipping point. He requires, actually demands, the daily charting of our uncertain course as he recovers from his terrible beginnings and learns fearlessness and hopefully wanderlust. This will (should? ought to?) document for me, and any others in search of inspiration and hope, the progress of a fearful, wary dog into a calm, confident explorer. And you might get a little of me thrown in along the way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment