Saturday, September 19, 2009

Kittenzillas

Yesterday I dropped the polar bear off at the kennel for his overnight stay. It was worse than dropping your child off for their first day of kindergarten ( like I would know :) ). But as soon as we walked back into the kennel area, his tail came up, began wagging and he joyfully greeted Samson and Jakey as well as all the other dogs. We put him in a kennel next to Samson and he settled right in. He had a pair of boxers on his other side for company and I left him to his devices. I came home to a sadly empty house as I missed my boy immediately and I began counting down the hours til I picked him up this morning.

In the interlude, it took the kittenzillas no time at all to realize the big white paw was nowhere in sight and they could run rampant. See below! Due to my little point and shoot camera as well as my complete lack of skill with a camera, this is as good as I could do given that they rarely ever stopped moving. My arms look like they went through a wood chipper after multiple airborne attacks and the monsters kept if up for, no exaggeration, HOURS, while I tried in vain to finish my book. Samantha loves nothing more than to lie in my lap and purr. Her hellion brother however, likes nothing more than to disturb our peace by dive bombing, stalking and covert under blanket attacks. I am thinking of naming him Stalin!



Uh oh, he's preparing for another assault on us.




Seriously? Do you ever stop?



Samantha's new de rigueur position, just in case.



Moi? I am innocently reclining behind the curtains. Ignore my eyes.




Where is she mom? I know you're hiding her here somewhere...



You do not see me. You do not see me.



Samantha, about to get thumped.



I am *sick and tired* of your red headed temper!



I refuse to acknowledge your existence, even when you are sucking on my tail.



Mr. Prim and Proper, the picture of innocence.



Run Samantha, run!



Eventually he will sleep, and then he will be all mine. Heh heh heh.



Um, I think that's the polar bear's food. Put that back.

Alas, typical of Dexter, he somehow managed to cram the kibble from PB's busy buddy cube into his fat little mouth and chow down. As you may have noticed, he is a little porker and has quite the buddha belly on him. That does not however, seem to slow him down.

I picked up PB this morning and they said he did very well, ate his dinner which I had brought, slept quietly on his control unleashed mat which they said he loves and seems to offer him great comfort. He was taken out to say hi to Jake who was across the aisle and of course Samson was next door. Kathy was able to put a leash on him and bring him out to me. He began squeaking plaintively and licking my face as soon as he saw me and realized I had come back for him. I told him he is indeed, a baby and he was certainly no worse for the wear. He has been a little clingy since coming home, snuggling up to me on the sofa and following me around. We are still working on getting him to be a little more secure. He is especially jumpy today and I am hoping the DAP I ordered arrives as I think it will help take the edge off.

He has been wonderful with the kittens lately. I put them in the ex pen a couple days ago and kept him on a leash. We clicked and treated and he never got excited or amped up about them. Today I took their gate away and kept him on a leash while we went in to visit. He was very quiet and gentle, almost bored. I have left the gate off and PB on a drag line but the kittens are still hesitant to come out. A little more time and we'll be there I think.

Thanks to Zyra and her family for checking the field opening date. I only just noticed you posted it on a previous entry. We are looking forward to it!

No comments: