Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Raining, Cats and Dogs

Yesterday we went up to Ladner in BC for the photo shoot I wrote about a couple posts ago. In addition to having great photography skills, Sheena also apparently has great weather skills because in the midst of approx. 180 days of non-stop torrential rainfall, she made it sunny for our photos!

We had a great time walking around a huge, beautiful abandoned property that is popular with dog owners. Which made it not so popular with the Polar Bear. He was fine with the first dog we met and he went successively downhill after that, culminating with him trying to disembowel a couple of harmless, well behaved Bernese Mountain dogs while I was thrown around at the end of his leash like a whirling dervish since I had not yet managed to get his Gentle Leader on. Hopefully we have no photos commemorating that little episode! As soon as I get the photos, I will begin to post them. In the meantime, you can view some on
Sheena's blog. We are very flattered at being featured on her blog - at least I am.

The Polar Bear is still chasing the two Bernese. I know, I know, to the rest of the world this is the most boring video in the world but it makes me laugh to watch PB dream. Notice the wagging tail as he takes dreams about eating the Bernese!







After our photo taking session, we met up with our old crew i.e. dogs the Polar Bear is content to play with rather than consume and we went for a lovely 2 hour walk *on leash* so my arm could recover and the Polar Bear could be suitably beaten. Haha just kidding. He did need to take some time to relax though. A wonderful day all in all and the sunshine, which I can hardly even spell these days, was the icing on the cake. To wit: here is the weather today:


Apparently the umbrella is for rain, not sun.


Even the Polar Bear, Mr. I'd Live Outside All the Time if Only You Would Let Me, is disgusted.



This bites. Let me back inside. Now.


You have a doggie door, PB. Use it. The weather is so depressing that even my irrepressible orange menace needs some Prozac.


Wake me when it's over.


You might be sleeping til next year, Dexter. I tried to point out this woodpecker, which would normally be enough for him to fall off the windowsill in a spasm of kitty meltdown:


Dexter says, "Your photos suck. I can't hardly even see that. I am going back to bed."



So I tried to get Stabitha interested and all I got was the hairy eyeball.



Does it look like I care?



After mercilessly waking the bumsters and toying with them for my own amusement, Stabitha decided the orange menace was so depressed, he needed to be coddled a little. This is an unusual sight, helpfully captured on film, since Stabitha is usually screaming bloody murder at Dexter who regularly attempts to decapitate her.


I love you Dexie. But only on rainy days.



This was a little too much for me. The weather has put me in a grouchy mood so I attempted to sow discord amongst the animals with a fake food chain. I put the orange menace's favorite mouse in front of the Polar Bear's nose and they all sat around staring at each other wondering who was going to make the first move. Dexter wanted his mouse so badly his little head started quivering but he knows better than to launch himself at PB's nose.




I double dog dare you....hahahahahaha!



This was how it ended: PB not amused in the least and the bumsters sitting in the background with glowing eyes.



It's only positive reinforcement if I get to eat a cat.



Alas, if only I had the weather making ability Sheena has. And the photography ability - I have no photos from yesterday because although I brought my camera, it seemed a little like my attempts to cook at my mom's house - while she is making a gourmet meal, I am attempting to pre-heat the microwave. So standby for *great* photos coming soon.

1 comment:

hornblower said...

Dexter is better, Baby is famous, Stabitha is still adorable. All is good.

Except the rain & the cold. Enough already. Don't suppose you can afford to come up all the time & have Sheena do her magic weather thing...? No, didn't think so.