See below video.
While lying in bed last night waiting for the Advil to kick in, I suddenly remembered that great song by Baz Luhrmann, "Wear Sunscreen". The song was originally made for a graduation speech he gave but if you haven't heard it, or heck, if you haven't heard it for awhile, watch:
Words to live by. (Apparently I should listen more often). My sunburn led to this:
Melodramatic, yes. But you try sleeping with feet of fire under a down duvet!
This morning, while I iced my feet, I looked out the window and found PB so tired, he looked like this after he ate breakfast:
Wake me when it's dinner time.
Maybe PB was so tired because he was using his supernatural powers to levitate his ear! This is the best photo ever and I shamelessly stole it from Laurie who takes fabulous photos. I don't know how she captured this but I intended to blow it up into a print!
My left ear hears you talking about me over there...

Unfortunately, the contractors were at my house all day finishing up so instead of allowing PB to sleep in the clover patch all day, I packed him up and took him over to my parents' house to avoid further pressure washer trauma. And guess what he did over there:

However, he wasn't alone. Here's the missing part of the picture:

That may, or may not, be his mama sound asleep next to him.

It was a long hot day and I was quite busy for most of it so when I got home from checking on the rescue dogs, I rinsed the salt out of PB's coat and we both lay down for a little nap....that became a long nap.
And remember. Wear sunscreen.
1 comment:
oh no! your poor feet!
I didn't put sunscreen on my arms on Tues. DUH. But in Vancouver I tan & rarely burn. Still, I don't like it b/e I'm a worry wart about skin cancer (I burned badly several times as a child so I'm at high risk) & also b/e now I look like a farmer with my dorky dark forearms & hands.
I've gone for two weeks to Hawaii & Mexico & come back white as snow but here in the PNW, I get lazy & a bit blase about it. Except my face which I do every day ...... b/e I'm vain. LOL.
tops of my feet got sun too - I have weird patterning from the Holey's. OK girl, next time, we pledge to double check our sunscreen before going out there. :-)
I LOVE that photo of Laurie's. It's wonderful. I didn't know he could do that with his ear.
Post a Comment