In an attempt to figure out what I want to do with my life and where I'd like to live given the choice my mom and I just returned from an 8 day road trip around the western United States. The trip also helped to distract me from the pain I have from my pancreatitis and the counterintuitive feeling of actually looking forward to having surgery in June in the hopes that this will finally fix my health issues.
A few basic stats: 8 days, 7 states, 3850 miles total. That's a lot of driving! But we had glorious weather until the last day and I saw almost all of the places I had been potentially considering as a new home which has helped me to narrow down where I might want to live. I will break the blog posts down into separate days and legs of the trip as there are lots of photos. Until I get the photos from my mom, who is an excellent photographer, I will tantalize you with a few I took in Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. Spectacular, even given my little point and shoot camera.
A view from the heart of Yellowstone National Park looking towards the Tetons.
The Tetons looking across Jackson Lake.
An iced over Lewis Lake in Yellowstone. Still a bit chilly at the higher elevations.
THE Grand Teton.
Somewhere in there are moose though we never saw one in this area.
The uniquely pointed aspect of the Tetons.
While I was away, my dad cared for Lola Bean and PB in addition to Samson and Jake. He had his hands full with 4 large dogs! I am deeply indebted to him for taking that on as it not only saved me a large amount of money in boarding fees (witness the $500 cat boarding fee. ugh) but it is far less stressful for PB. In what must be the pinnacle of success in PB's progress, he happily followed my dad around, slept next to him, walked with him, took treats and Prozac from him all without batting an eye. How far we have come. I received daily texts updates about the kids and this photo: A bit hard to see but my dad has covered Lola in one of her blankets up to her ears and she is sound asleep.
Don't expect this at home missy!
In even better news, it appears there is a good chance that against all odds, my house may sell as it is currently pending inspection. If all goes well, it will close in early July and we can *finally* move to house on land so I can have space and the kids can roam on some acreage as they were made to do. Crossed fingers that all goes well.

1 comment:
oh Lola looks great all tucked up!
Post a Comment