The animals doth protest. They are starting to think I enjoyed my time away from them based on my road trip blog posts and they demand a post for them. So here it is.
Herd o' cats.
Hook returned from the kennel a different, more social cat. He evidently became used to seeing people and dogs come and go as they were caged at the front desk area. As a result, he returned far more bold and social than when I left him there, well worth the money I spent boarding them. He has taken to lying on the bed in the above picture which sends PB into paroxysms of angst. He stamps his feet, play bows and gets himself all worked up, all while Hook just watches him unperturbed like he has three heads. To this day, I can't figure out why Hook has such an effect on PB but it amuses me to watch it. He is very puppy like when he plays with Hook.
I am superior to all of you. How did I end up in such a lowly place?
I have no idea where Lola is. I am not licking my chops for any reason at all mom.
I'm here! I'm here! Listening carefully for your instruction.
Lola is a weirdo. She ran around with her ear stuck like that for an hour. Then I found her dancing on the hot tub cover flinging one of my socks around. She is definitely an adolescent while Baby prefers to be a noble, senior gentleman:
Stabby and I do not concern ourselves with your juvenile behavior.
"DEXTER! Get over here!"
"Ask me nicely."
The twins.
I often have to look twice to figure out who is who when the dogs mirror each other which they often do. It is uncanny how these LGD's adopt the same postures and engage in such similar behaviors. They have each contributed to the depressions all over the yard, often finishing what the other started.
It is a rare walk that we aren't stopped by passing walkers, motorists or bicyclists exclaiming on how beautiful they are and asking about their breed and background. They are definitely show stoppers.
I love you mom.
Lola Bean is finally injury free, happy and healthy. She is an unbelievably sweet dog and I am grateful every day that all turned out so well given that I adopted her sight unseen. She has had a huge effect on PB and his behavior as he clearly watches her and follows her lead. When things settle down with house, job etc. I will enroll her in a therapy class so she can become a therapy dog. She has the perfect temperament and adores people.
1 comment:
in the photos i can only tell them apart by looking at feet. I know Baby's weird feet!
Post a Comment