
So my snowshoes didn't look quite like this. Ok, they looked nothing like this. But I wish they had. This is an Attikamek snowshoe from the early 1900's. I myself had the very efficient but ugly, plastic MSR snowshoes when I took the white one up to the pass today for a snowshoeing adventure. I prayed silently all the way there that no one else would be on the trail around the lake. My prayers were answered for the most part in that only 2 people were there and they started out far behind us so we never saw them and could proceed with no stress. I, of course, forgot my camera yet again although it's tough to see the white one amidst all that, well, whiteness. I came home with a happy, tired dog along with my happy, tired self. How can it be so much more effort to run through a few inches of loose snow than it is to run on pavement? I suspect walking will not be high on my list of priorities tomorrow. And the hot tub will be high on my list of priorities tonight.
As for Turkmenistan, try finding a flight from Seattle to Ashgabat. Not exactly a popular route. Why does every routing seem to involve a layover in Germany? It just makes going from gray, ultra-utilitarian efficiency to haphazard, chaotic second world (at best) bureaucracy that much more harsh on the senses. But this is all part of the fun. I once took a flight from Beijing to western China with my mom on an old (ancient) Tupelov plane. It took off straight up like a helicopter, landed straight down like a UFO and in between it felt like a lounge chair floating on a swimming pool, so far back did the seats go, seatbelts optional of course. I don't have high hopes for Air Turkmenistan. It leads you either into complete atheistic fatalism or devout religion depending on your leanings. If just purchasing the ticket is this hard, I can't imagine what the flight itself holds.
The logo looks very sleek huh? I'm sure that's a white dove of peace flying to Russia, all the other "stans" and Iran....And finally, it was pointed out to me by a friend whose honesty is appreciated but hard to accept sometimes, that in an earlier post, I sounded "bitchy" regarding one of the seminars I attended for the dog. To clarify, I know all too well my limitations with all this training, behavioral stuff, dog stuff etc. It's all new to me and my only intent in what I rather ineptly conveyed was that even I could have taught the class I referred to, and I know nothing. I didn't mean to imply that everyone else was lesser than me; simply that it was a REALLY basic level that I wasn't expecting. So after I got over my sarcastic response to his criticism (which I very proudly kept to myself), I realized after reading it again that he was right and I did sound bitchy and arrogant so this is my version of an editor's note. Point duly taken and apology offered.
1 comment:
Arrogant & bitchy? Meh. I didn't think so. But that could be because I can be bitchy and arrogant...... LOL
It is very frustrating to pay money and invest your time in a seminar which turns out to be a dud. Live and learn. I now ask lots of questions about the intended audience & how sophisticated the teaching will be. It's not that we're being arrogant; it's that if you're looking for calculus help, an intro to multiplication will not be much use. I love, love, love that they're offering seminars like this but if it's entry level, it's not for me.
And it won't be for you. Look for seminars for pro's. Even though you say you feel like a beginner, you have done tons of reading & understand a lot of psychology. And remember that dog training for the most part has few barriers to entry & there are a lot of people working as pros who really & truly don't know as much as you do already.
Post a Comment